Wednesday 28 November 2012

House sorting tricks.

It's been a wee bit crazy in house lately with 2 1/2 weeks of non stop guests. Now don't get me wrong... I loved it...but it's meant I've got a bit behind on a few things.

Now if you know me well, you know I love organising things. Like get a kick out of a neatly sorted drawer and have a love affair with my label maker. Despite all the organising I do, I a, still the type of person always trying be more and more organised. I've been slowly tackling organising the study for a few weeks now and have a few things that have helped me and I thought today I'd share some of organising ideas.



I dont know if its just me but I have a ridiculous amount of cards. They don't all fit in my wallet and I'm always losing the ones I actually need.
One holepunch, a piece of ribbon and 10 minutes later all these cards were organised and ready and sorted so they're easily accessible but not in the way.
Simply put a hole punched hole in each card at roughly the same spot and tie together and you'll never forget the cards you need again.

I'm also a lover of home decorating magazines but am trying to reduce the clutter in my life. I decided it was time to say goodbye to the piles of magazines...not that easy... and just pull out the pages that showed beautiful homes and ideas I loved. I filed them into different categories but also needed a pretty binder to store it all.
Solution: cover an old ugly binder in material and add a pretty label... of course everything needs a nice label!

Ah so much inspiration in one folder. There are plenty of ideas to keep me going for a little while but also a tonne of ideas for the future when we one day live in our hopefully 'forever home'. Right now I love our home but it's definitely not where we plan to live forever so we don't feel the urge to make everything perfect and am focusing more on the decor than the actual renovating...we'll save that challenge for later when we're back in the city!
Lisa x
 P.s I'm linking up with

3 comments:

  1. This is part of why I miss you living around the corner... without you around my house isn't half as organised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe next visit your way and I'll help you get whatever you need organised :)lol, will it end up being another july in sunny warm canberra ?? :)

      Delete
  2. Such great ideas!! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime.

    ReplyDelete