Friday 14 December 2012

Day 3/13- cooking christmas goodies.

Today I thought I'd share a few tasty christmas treats that make my heart sing!
The first is homemade ferrero rocher which is absolutely amazing- I had to try really hard to not eat it all straight away as I knew what was in it.
Anyway the recipe for these delightful mouthfuls can be found here.


The other recipe I go mad over at christmas time is honey biscuits. I got this recipe from a parent in my class and it's so easy and people seem to love it.
 This recipe will make approximately 30 biscuits.
you need :
125g butter, room temp chopped
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 egg
2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
1/4 cup honey
how to:
preheat the oven to 180. line trays with baking paper.
step 1:
in a large bowl, using electric beaters, beat together butter and sugar for 2-3 mins until creamy. add egg, beat well. fold in combined sifted flour and bi-carb soda.
step 2: 
heat honey in the microwave for 20 seconds. stir in to dough. mix well. cover in plastic wrap and put in the fridge for at least 30 mins. knead gently on a lightly floured surface. roll out between 2 sheets of baking paper until about 5 mm thick.
step 3:
using cookie cutters, cut out shapes. place on prepared trays. bake for 10-15 mins until they are a nice golden brown colour. allow to cool on trays and then decorate with icing.
these cookies are my favourite. tip: chilling the dough for 30 mins makes it much easier to handle. this mixture freezes very well and make lovely inexpensive gifts.  
 
 These little scottie dogs kind of match maisy's christmas stocking too :)
Happy baking, Lisa x
 

1 comment:

  1. OH YUMMY!! My diet is no sugar and this time of the year is so killing me.

    ReplyDelete